Sunday, November 27, 2022

[Ray Kyooyung Ra, Blog #15/15] Wake up babe, it's almost Cyber Monday

Are y'all finding amazing Cyber Monday deals? I am currently flying back from NYC, giddy with the delights of early employee-access discounts from Aesop. I return victorious.
What is it about the holidays makes you want to splurge? As the origin of Cyber Monday goes: "The name Cyber Monday grew out of the observation that millions of otherwise productive working Americans, fresh off a Thanksgiving weekend of window shopping, were returning to high-speed Internet connections at work Monday and buying what they liked." (New York Times) It's interesting to see in the above stats provided by Adobe the relatively steep increase of Cyber Monday sales in 2020, most likely due to our homebound-ness during the pandemic; however, data from 2021 demonstrate an unprecedented decrease of Cyber Monday sales, most likely due to lingering pandemic effects, including the supply chain crisis. And look, I know all these fake holiday shopping days (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Super Saturday, Cyber Week II, etc.) are all part of the system of data collection and surveillance... but I take so much joy in them! Please share rad deals on espresso machines if you see one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.