Blog Post 6 (non-core post) – Maggie Roberts
Response to Tania’s non-core post (11/7): I have a private account on Twitter and only really use it to communicate and share posts with those in my close circle, so I haven’t felt too effected by the recent changes to the platform. However, I know a lot of people who love Twitter because of its public facing user interface and are deciding to leave due to Musk’s changes. The go-to replacement that lots of users have been migrating to is called Mastodon. The open-source software is another microblogging platform, but also has independently run forums (or nodes) which is reminiscent to platforms like Reddit. Conversely, I also have friends who are leaving Twitter entirely with no replacement, so it is yet to be seen of Mastodon or another company will act as a sufficient market replacement.
Here is an article from the New York Times describing the recent platform migration and Mastodon as a software:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/07/technology/mastodon-twitter-elon-musk.html
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.